Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Lenten Journey

On Ash Wednesday, I officially hit the road, seeking only to remind the great people of this country, and the world too, that we love each other. And I hope to bring people closer in their relationship with God. While I am a Christian, (a Catholic, oh my... one of those!!! eeeewwwwh haha), I totally agree with Mother Teresa about every man and woman, being equal before God. And how we all seek God in the deepest regions of our hearts.

"There is only one God and He is God to all; therefore it is important that everyone is seen as equal before God. I've always said we should help a Hindu become a better Hindu, a Muslim become a better Muslim, a Catholic become a better Catholic." - Mother Teresa

I have made myself wide open, totally vulnerable - because I plan to let everyone track my journey using a wonderful new app from Google called Google latitude. Click the link, enter my cell phone number (xxx-xxx-xxxx - this number has been deleted after Easter 2009) and I will get a request that you want to track me. After I okay it (everyone gets into this club) - you go to google, and click the igoogle link(top right), where you can see where I am on a map. When you are putting in the cell phone number, you are asked if you want to add yourself on my igoogle page. You can also accept me, and hide yourself. No big deal to me. You are correct, there are a lot of concerns and awkward situations. (Wired Article - thanks Bill M). Anyway, you can watch me driving, or see where I holed up if I decided to go into the woods to pray. I won't be responding, but please if you wish, ask me to pray for a friend in need. I made a special email for the trip - lentjourney@gmail.com, which I will be using temporarily till Easter arrives. Hey, duh, watch this video on google latitude.



The good news is that I really think there will be a lot of wonderful folks looking out for me and covering my tracks. God is with me in your best wishes. And I ask you, if you would be so kind, to include me in your prayers. T minus 5 days. May God bless you and keep you safe!

No comments: