Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day Four of Lent

Today's readings: February 28, 2009
Reading One: Jer 11:18-20 ;
Responsorial Psalm: Ps 7:2-3, 9bc-10, 11-12 ;
Gospel : Jn 7:40-53 ;
go to this page(for all three sections listed above on one page)
And here's an audio file; & reflections (video)

This post was written yesterday, but scheduled to post shortly after midnight, as I have a busy morning on Saturday and wanted to have the readings available as soon as possible. My morning is filled with so many blessings - adoration in wee hours of the morning with some faithful brothers of my parish, followed by a light meal, or just some coffee (who knows, but I bet I might be a little hungry tomorrow morning) at Bob Evans. I have no idea who started this, it such a blessing to spend some quiet time with a bunch of terrific gentlemen from our church each Saturday and I am very thankful for your companionship and support. The time has allowed me to get to know you better and bask in the joy of our shared faith and love of God.

After that, I will race home to feed my birds and prepare for benediction and daily mass. It will be so good to see my friends again and share the joy of celebrating mass. After that, I am thrilled to spend a little time with my oldest daughter and enjoy a lacrosse game with the son of my wonderful neighbors, The Ruts.

In case you missed the post from yesterday with some pictures, by all means, check it out.