Monday, February 15, 2010

Lenten Journey - year Two

She'll be coming 'round the mountain when she comes... yep, it is that time of year again, and at present, it is virtually upon us - time for Lent. In case you missed last year's winding road through many states and states of spiritual discovery, start at the beginning, which last year began on February 17, 2009 - with a William Yeats' poem, a prayer for my daughter. It remains a favorite poem, and I must say thank you. My daughters have grown up so much in the last year - and yes, in ways that are very pleasing to a father who loves them. And so, thanks to God who hears all of our prayers and answers them if they are in our best interest, which is another way of saying - if it is His will. Yes indeed - I have had many prayers that went unanswered, but given the passage of time, it seems these unanswered prayers were probably in my best interest... i just didn't know it or understand it at the time.

To read through last year - start at the link above, and at the end of each post.. is a link for a newer post. This way you can go through it in the order it was written.

I am totally unprepared for this year - and still haven't decided what I am even going to do. As such, please do me a favor and pray for me. That would be very nice of you.